Agafay Desert Sunset Camel Ride
Day Trip Overview
If your time in Marrakech is limited, you don’t want to miss out on a chance to experience the fabled camel ride at sunset in the Agafay Desert. Just 45 minutes away from the city, Agafay dazzles with its rocky landscape and sand dune hilltops–all of which make for an awe-inspiring sunset view. You’ll also be able to sip on a hot cup of mint tea while marveling over the gorgeous Marrakech landscape. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Day Trip Highlights
- Explore the breathtaking beauty of the Agafay desert on the back of a camel.
- Don your blue Touareg scarf and robe to add a unique flair to your experience.
- Stop for a moment at the highest viewpoint to admire the setting sun over the horizon.
- Share a warm cup of mint tea in a rustic setting while capturing the remarkable sight of your party riding camels against the backdrop of the sunset.
Day Trip Itinerary
Half Day : Marrakech - Agafay Desert
Begin your adventure 45 minutes southwest of Marrakech, passing through olive and orange farms, and meet your driver at your hotel/riad. From there, travel to the Agafay Desert. Upon arriving, you will be outfitted with the equipment of a local nomad, including a blue robe and a headscarf, and have the opportunity to take pictures of yourself in your newfound garb. After a brief introduction to your camel, you will be off on an hour-long journey through the desert. While during a rainy spring season, the arid land may contain some green vegetation, the true highlight of the trip is the magnificent view of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains in the horizon. Head to a picturesque spot on a high plateau just before dusk to watch the sky light up with the most spectacular shades of pink and orange. Enjoy a hot cup of fresh mint tea while watching the sun descend in the horizon, then take a ride back to Marrakech with your driver and be dropped off at your desired destination in the city center.
- Enjoy a private guided excursion in a modern 4x4 or van with an English-speaking driver from your Marrakech hotel or Riad.
- Take in the sights of the beautiful Agafay desert and enjoy a 1-hour sunset camel ride.
- A refreshing cup of mint tea in a Bedouin tent to complete the experience and watch the sun set over the desert.
- At the end of the day, you will be smoothly returned to your Marrakech hotel or Riad.
- Food and drinks
Things To Remember
- If the Ourika Valley excursion we provide does not suit your preferences, feel free to reach out to us and we'll customize the trip to meet your specific desires. Additionally.
- All children under 12 years of age can benefit from a 50% discount, with a limit of one child per family.
prices for private tours
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|PRICE PER PERSON||125 €||75 €||65 €||55 €||49 €||45 €|
price for shared tours
|PRICE PER PERSON|