Day Trip to Ouarzazate
Day Trip Overview
Ouarzazate, former outpost of the French Legion, has earned its reputation as an incredible backdrop for many Hollywood films, such as Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator, as well as the more recent Sahara. Its surrounding area provides locals and visitors alike with beautiful Kasbah’s and winding trails through the High Atlas and Anti-Atlas mountain chains, perfect for hikers of all kinds.
Day Trip Highlights
This remarkable journey from Marrakech to Ouarzazate in the Sahara desert is sure to show you the area in an unforgettable way. Along the way you will find yourself amongst picturesque palmeries, breathtaking sunsets over majestic sand dunes, and landscapes that stretch on forever. You’ll even have the chance to saddle up and take a camel ride, spot local wildlife, and check out an ancient dry lake. When you get to camp, you can learn how to make sand bread, mingle with nomads, or join in the dancing and drumming.
On this memorable tour, you will explore the breathtaking Atlas Mountains, cross the spectacular Tizi-n-Tichka mountain pass, and meander through the picturesque Ounila valley. One of the highlights of the trip will be a visit to the historic Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou. Built in the 17th century, the kasbah boasts a storied past and a spectacular view of the surrounding area. You will also visit the city of Ouarzazate – known as the gateway to the Sahara Desert – and explore the famous film studios where some of the most famous movies were filmed. This small-group tour is limited to seven people, so you can be sure to get the most out of the experience.
- Explore the majestic High Atlas Mountains and traverse over the renowned Tizi-n-Tichka pass.
- Traverse the 1000 Kasbahs road and see the awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Experience local customs and traditions of the Berber people, and discover the history and caravan routes between the Sahara and Marrakech.
Day Trip Itinerary
1 Day : Marrakech – Ouarzazate
Meet your guide at 8:00 am in the morning in the city center of Ouarzazate. Spend the morning exploring Taourirt, the old kasbah, and its picturesque pedestrian streets. Then, take a stroll across the street to the movie museum to learn about its fascinating history. Afterward, head to the Atlas Corporation film studios to explore the sets of some of the most iconic movies like Gladiator, Babel, and Prince of Persia. While there, listen to the fascinating anecdotes from your guide about the actors and movies that were filmed.
At lunchtime, take a drive down the gravel road and arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou. This clay city was the backdrop of the popular movie "Gladiator" starring Russel Crowe. Go on a guided tour and see the ksars and kasbahs for yourself. For a perfect view, visit the highest point uphill, where you'll be able to take in the whole panorama of Aït Ben Haddou and the Grand Atlas Mountains. After the tour, enjoy a tasty lunch at an authentic restaurant. Later in the afternoon, you'll be dropped off safely at your hotel or riad.
- Private round-trip transportation in a climate-controlled minibus
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Services of a professional driver/guide
- The assistance of a knowledgeable local guide at the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch and drinks
- Entrance fees
Things To Remember
- If the Ouarzazate excursion we provide does not suit your preferences, feel free to reach out to us and we'll customize the trip to meet your specific desires. Additionally.
- All children under 12 years of age can benefit from a 50% discount, with a limit of one child per family.
prices for private day trips
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||1-2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|PRICE||140 €||145 €||145 €||150 €||155 €|
Price for shared day trips
|PRICE PER PERSON|