Day Trip to Ourika Valley
Day Trip Overview
The Atlas Mountains are the longest mountain chain in Africa, snaking 2,400 kilometers through Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia. Spanning from the coast to the desert, the range is home to the highest peak in North Africa, Jbel Toubkal, which stands at an impressive 13,671 feet. Its neighbor, M’Goun, reaches 13,356 feet. The mountain range is divided into three main ranges—the Middle, High, and Anti-Atlas—all of which offer unique and breathtaking scenery. The majestic rock formations, tranquil valleys and rivers, and untouched Berber villages of the Atlas make it a perfect destination for a rejuvenating and soul-refreshing getaway.
Day Trip Highlights
Begin your journey in Marrakech and explore the majestic Atlas Mountains and Ourika Valley. A private or shared day trip will allow you to experience the everyday life of a Berber village. Climb into the lush hills of the mountain range and take part in a traditional tea ceremony at a local home. Glimpse the rolling orchards of almond and cherry trees as you make your way to a roaring waterfall. As you dine at a nearby restaurant, you can take in the breathtaking views of the towering snowcapped High Atlas peaks. Enjoy the serene atmosphere of this stunning mountain retreat.
- Take a full-day excursion from Marrakech to the majestic Atlas Mountains and Ourika Valley.
- starting with a delicious country breakfast! Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony at a local home, then go for a guided hike to the breathtaking Setti Fatma waterfalls.
- Learn more about the culture and traditions of the region as you explore with an expert guide.
- Unwind for lunch at a local restaurant before returning with round-trip transport to your accommodations in Marrakech.
Our desert tour company gives you the power to construct your journey based on your needs. With custom-made Morocco tours, you can traverse the High Atlas Mountains and experience the beautiful, serene environment. If that sounds like the escape you’ve been wishing for, this trip is perfect for you!
Day Trip Itinerary
1 Day : Marrakech – Atlas Mountains – Ourika Valley
Start your adventure early by being picked up at 9 a.m. from your lodging in Marrakech. Your driver and vehicle will take you to the awe-inspiring Ourika Valley in the Atlas Mountains. As the journey continues, you'll arrive at a traditional Moroccan house to discover the lifestyle of local village people. Taste home-cooked cuisine of the Berber culture and soak in the captivating views of the valley from the house's rooftop.
The lady of the house will take you back in time and guide you through a traditional mint tea ceremony. After experiencing a true country breakfast, made of bread, butter, honey, olive oil, and tea, you have the option of taking a 20-minute camel ride to explore the remote Atlas Mountains. Along the way, you will be able to observe the everyday life of the Berber people in their villages. When you reach Setti Fatma, you will know that you have reached the end of your journey.
After a day of touring, you will arrive at your destination in Marrakech at approximately 5pm. Along the way, you will make a 60-minute walk to visit some of the local waterfalls and have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
- Travel around in style with an air-conditioned minivan or 4wd.
- Explore the area with your local guide.
- Enjoy morning tea at a traditional Berber family home.
- All local taxes included.
- Get picked up and dropped off at your hotel of choice.
- Beverages & Lunches
- Camel ride
- Gratuities (optional)
Things To Remember
- If the Ourika Valley excursion we provide does not suit your preferences, feel free to reach out to us and we'll customize the trip to meet your specific desires. Additionally.
- All children under 12 years of age can benefit from a 50% discount, with a limit of one child per family.
Prices For Private Day Trips
|1-2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS|
|50 €||55 €||60 €||65 €||70 €|
Price For Shared Day Trips
|PRICE PER PERSON|