Marrakech to Chefchaouen Desert Tour
Marrakech, The Sahara desert, Fes, and the blue city of Chefchaouen are everyone’s dreams when they travel to Morocco. This 6 days Marrakech to Chefchaouen Desert tour is bursting with beauty and adventure, making the possibilities of cultural discoveries almost endless. On our 6-day road trip, you will see the best Morocco has to offer: Exploring the legendary imperial cities of Marrakech and Fes, spend a night at your luxury Sahara desert camp, and admire the striking blue city of Chefchaouen.
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou and Ouarzazate Film Studios
- Walk along famous Morocco desert oases and canyons
- Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi and spend the night in a luxury desert camp
- Step inside the magical city of Fes and its labyrinthine Medina
- Take amazing photos of Chefchaouen gates, houses, and blue-walled streets
Day 1 : Marrakech – Ait Ben Hadou – Ouarzazate – Dades (6 hours)
Day 2 : Boumalne Dades – Tinghir – Rissani – Merzouga (4 hours)
Day 3 : Merzouga – Midelt – Fes (7 hours)
Day 4 : Fes City Tour
Day 5: Fes – Volubilis – Chefchaouen (7 hours)After breakfast in your Riad, We will drive across the Saiss Plain to the archaeological site of Volubilis, one of the richest and most important world heritage sites in Morocco. This site covers an area of 42 hectares, and it showcases urban development at the frontiers of the Roman Empire. It has produced a significant amount of artistic material such as mosaics and marble and bronze statuary. This site is also considered to have been of great importance to various cultures such as the Libyco-Berber, the Mauritanian, the Roman, the Christian, and the Arabo-Islamic ones. It is a testimony to their history, beliefs, and artistic works. From here, we will drive across the Rif Mountains to Chefchaouen. Enjoy the breathtaking views around every corner that the mixed scenery of the mountains together with the open countryside fields has to offer. When you arrive at Chefchaouen, the beauty of this gorgeous town will strike you. Dinner and overnight in your riad.
DAY 6 : Explore Chefchaouen – Casablanca (7 hours)After breakfast in your Riad, get ready to enjoy the charming narrow streets of Chefchaouen with houses and artisans' shops painted in different shades of blue and white colors, creating a marvelous picture. A photo in front of one of its blue doors or walls makes a perfect Instagram picture. Apart from being the most photogenic destination in Morocco, it is also a calm, chilling, and laid-back town. Walk up and down the tangled streets of the Medina. The latter’s architecture showcases an Andalusian influence. Enjoy a walk through its narrow blue streets, which also serve as a street market, displaying some of Morocco’s finest handicraft and leather products, for which the town is best known. Because of the relaxed ambiance of Chefchaouen, which is hardly found in bigger cities, you will enjoy strolling at leisure in the maze-like streets until you reach the busy Plaza Uta El Hammam where the Kasbah is located. you will then take a lunch break at one of the lovely cafes located in one of the blue alleyways. Although Chefchaouen is a small city, its chilling vibes, great sense of local community, and a traditional lifestyle stuck between the past and the present, captivate your soul in a way that the town will always be engraved in your heart. In the afternoon, we will drive to Casablanca or Marrakech, where your tour will come to an end.
First night in Dades Valley hotel including dinner and breakfast
Second night in Merzouga Sahara desert camp including a camel ride, dinner, and breakfast
Third night at a Fes Riad including dinner and breakfast
Fourth night at a Fes Riad including dinner and breakfast
Fifth night in Chefchaouen Riad including dinner and breakfast
A/C modern 4x4 or van driven by an English / French speaking driver/guide
Local guide in Fes, Tinghir and Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Local guides (if applicable)
Things to Remember
- Pick up can be arranged from Marrakech airport or any hotel in the area
- Should you wish to tailor this Tour to your interests and timetable, please let us know.
- Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are at your party.
- Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch, and cafe.
- Entrance fees to historical sites are not included.
- A 4x4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour
- Pick-up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.